Table of Contents
- FEATURE OF AGED OR OLD RICE:
- NEW CROP RICE:
- AGED RICE vs NEW RICE
Aged rice or old rice is the stocked rice kept for more than one-year foraging. First, get the relevant information about the difference between aged rice and new crop rice. In aged rice, the moisture content is less, and it is entirely gluten-free. After cooking, the rice grains are separate from each other.
The aged rice is grown once a year in the Indo Gangetic regions of the Himalayan. It is cultivated in the states of Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Haryana, and Uttar Pradesh. This rice has a different name in the diverse states. Aged rice basmati is also known as Traditional Basmati.
The changes in rice properties such as flavor, shade, and fragrance during storage are known for aging. These changes are found to be non-sticky or gluten-free. The aging of rice attributes to the physical and chemical changes in the rice, which can be quickly notified in three months.
The texture of aged rice is hard after cooking and less sticky. In addition, this aged rice has an increase in volume and absorbs less water.
It is high in proteins and vitamins. However, it is quickly oxidized and accumulates carbonyl compound and easily condensate. With all this process, the aged rice strength will be an increase in terms of energy.
FEATURE OF AGED OR OLD RICE:
Many of the people asked how to identify old rice or aged rice?
- Old rice grains are separated from each other. As they are entirely non-gluten. The aged rice is kept for more than one year, which makes it completely non-sticky.
- The aged rice has an authentic flavor which enhances the taste of the recipes. Because of its chemical attributes change and give the delectable flavor to the rice.
- Old rice has an aromatic fragrance that intensifies the mesmerizing aroma, which is kept for the aging process.
- The nutrients present in the rice are more magnifies the quality which presents in it. Aged rice contains more vitamins and minerals that add an advantage to the aging process.
- The aged rice has a creamy texture and pure white color to the grain which intensifying the color after cooking.
NEW CROP RICE:
The freshly grown rice is cultivating in the Himalayan region in Punjab, Haryana, and Uttar Pradesh. They are harvested, processed, and delivered to the customers.
New crop basmati rice is non-sticky and gluten-free too. They are highly processed and free from impurities. This rice has a delicate and white creamy texture which enhances the dressing of the recipes.
The authentic basmati is rich in flavor and gives the rice lover a pleasant flavor to urge more. Basmati rice is more fragrant than any other rice. The fragrance of basmati rice makes it more authentic as it is known as a pearl of scent.
RELATED BLOGS: LONGEST RICE IN THE WORLD
AGED RICE vs NEW RICE
- The process of aging is simple, but it enhances the change in the chemical property of rice. It gave the rice a high aroma in similarity to new crop rice.
- Old rice is kept for a year to magnify its property, whether chemically or physically. The aged rice retains less moisture in comparison to new crop rice. Aged rice has dry attributes but needs less water at the time of cooking; on the other hand, new crop rice needs the 1: 1.5 ratio of water at the cooking time.
- The basmati rice is famous for its fragrance as well. The new basmati rice has an authentic flavor and traditional touch to the recipes, but on the other hand, the aged rice has a more authentic flavor.
- The basmati rice is cultivated in India, but the exporters are making it more lovable with aging. Aged rice has a hard texture rather than newly harvested rice. Hard texture includes the head of the rice, or its pointy edges are not easily breakable.
- Basmati rice is famed for its length. But after aging, the rice is more upgraded for the length. Therefore, it is much lengthier than freshly harvested basmati rice. The physical property of the rice is increasing day by day as it is stored properly.
- Basmati rice has the quality of being non-gluten or non-sticky. But after the aging process, the rice is completely free from gluten. It is separate from each other and non-sticky on the surface. So new crop rice is less sticky in comparison to aged rice. It is freshly harvested rice that has gluten but less than old rice.
- Old rice is increasing the percentage of protein and vitamins present in it. However, newly harvested basmati rice has minerals or nutrients in comparison to aged rice.
- Newly-crop basmati rice has minerals and nutrients suitable for a healthy portion of a meal. The aged rice is good for health because it enhances the nutrient and minerals already present in the rice.
- The storage facility of rice is the essential part for the exporters of aged basmati rice. Aged rice is stored after harvesting and keeps in an infection-free atmosphere to keep its nutritional benefits. New crop rice is also stored but supply as soon as possible according to the clients’ needs.
SK Exports is the aged basmati rice exporters and millers who supply rice across the globe. Our company has supplied the aged rice which is stored more than one year in the infection-free warehouse. With the quality of basmati rice, the aged basmati rice ultimately enhances rice’s attributes physically and chemically.
Our rice is supplied in moisture-proof bags that retain the aged rice’s aroma and authenticity. The old rice is fluffy and has a creamy white texture more than the freshly cropped rice. Aged rice is available by us at the best prices as per the clients need.