Table of Contents
- Longest Basmati Grain And Its Benefits:
- Pusa 1121 Basmati Is A Superfood:
- Other Important Varieties Developed Using Pusa 1121:
Indian basmati rice is a light and delicious dish. The grain is finely aromatic and has a soft texture after being cooked. There are numerous varieties under this category. Let’s find the longest basmati grain and its benefits to the human body.
India is the leading rice exporter country and topmost in the production of rice. It originated in India and Pakistan respectively. The grain is widely famous and cherishable because of its versatility.
It compliments every dish and curry. The texture and quality to remain separate attracts people.
Longest Basmati Grain And Its Benefits:
Recently, Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) has developed or identified a new variety in the basmati category. That is almost a miracle in the rice crop field. The name of the variety is Pusa 1121 basmati rice grain.
Pusa 1121 became the longest basmati grain all over the world. The length of this grain is extraordinary, which is around 8.30mm to 8.40mm.
Even so, 1121 has attained the place in the Limca Book of World Record. After being cooked, the rice grain enhances greatly and gives around 30 percent volume. It firstly originated in the year 1989 as Pusa basmati 1 which later refined in 2003 and became Pusa 1121.
Benefits Of The Pusa 1121:
Basmati rice 1121 is considerably the safest choice for humans to consume.
- The grain is known as the best source of carbohydrates which is necessary for the well functioning of the human body.
- Pusa 1121 is low in fat, salt and also low cholesterol. These all help in maintaining a healthy heart. Containing rice in a meal results in a balanced diet.
- It is a gluten free grain which automatically enhances the quality. Helps in losing weight.
- The whole grain meal is a good source of high fibers that prevents many concerns. Also, it makes digestion easy.
These are the basic benefits of the grains. And when all properties and nutritions come together in a single bowl. It will definitely result in a positive impact and will keep humans healthy.
A Special Flavor:
Basmati rice tastes different from regular rice. It is lighter and has a light texture. In addition, it tastes of hazelnut.
Another advantage of the grain is; it is the easiest to cook in a shorter duration. And that is possible because it had gone through the milling process which makes it precooked. Also in the process, the rice exporters make sure there are no broken pieces left.
Because that is the primary thing which makes the rice stick. While cooking, the Basmati rice grain expands greatly in length which results in up to twice of its original volume.
Pusa 1121 Basmati Is A Superfood:
Any food achieves the tag of “Superfood” if it does have maximum properties. To put simply, there are almost 12 healthy properties that must consist of a dish if it wants to be a superfood.
The nutrients value vitamins, minerals and other necessary things that are important in a food. All these are definitely higher than the ordinary food. There, it automatically stands high above other food items.
And, Pusa 1121 Basmati does contain almost every 12 important properties. For instance, it is gluten free, very low in fat and free of cholesterol.
Additionally, basmati rice is lowest in the glycemic index which shows the slow sugars. And the lowest glycemic of a food helps in maintaining the blood sugar level. Therefore, a human body has enough energy for a day, to spend as an active day.
Other Important Varieties Developed Using Pusa 1121:
After the identification of Pusa basmati, it converts as a parenting breed. To develop better varieties in this category. Other varieties which developed under the Pusa are; Pusa Basmati 1509, Pusa Basmati 6, Pusa Basmati 1718 etc.
- Pusa 6, also known as 1401. It has a semi dwarf plant therefore the grain is not too lengthy as compared to 1121. But, the variety has a strong aroma and less stickiness.
- Pusa 1509 is an early maturing plant and semi dwarf. The duration in growing this plant is very short. Around 120 days to seed maturity. It is the longest though and expands to 8.41mm long grain.
- 1718 Pusa basmati, which has been notified by the leading states in rice production; Haryana and Punjab. The size of this grain is around 8.1mm.
These are the new and refined grains under the Pusa variety. The reason behind exploring more is the demand and choice of the Pusa 1121 basmati.
To conclude, in every way rice cultivation and production has immense benefits. The production provides employment to many. And, the harvested, edible grains help the human body to be healthy.
Overall, it has greatly improved the Indian economy which directly impacted from exports of Basmati rice. The entire chain related to it improves and contributes to national income to the largest. Especially the exporters and consumers.
The main focus for improving varieties more, is to enhance the aroma and benefits of basmati rice. However, worldwide pusa basmati 1121 is the most famous and lovable. It is only because it is the longest basmati grain and its benefits are excellent.