Table of Contents
- Origin of Basmati & Non Basmati Rice
- BASMATI RICE -A Queen of Scents
- NON BASMATI RICE
- Basmati vs Non Basmati rice
Rice is quite the most used grain around the world. In a couple of nations, it is utilized to make delicious and heavenly dishes. Here you will get all the information about the difference between basmati and non basmati rice. It is supplied from India to various countries. SK Exports is reputed basmati and non basmati rice exporter that offer a diverse quality rice variety.
Basmati rice has its quality and aroma. The rice is long, slender, and has pointy edges. The smell and authentic flavour make it more royal in taste. The basmati rice has various features for any recipe and is ideal for including it in the dining experience.
Origin of Basmati & Non Basmati Rice
In India, basmati rice is cultivated in the Himalayan foothills. Many of the regions like Punjab, Haryana, and Uttar Pradesh are growing rice for years. Basmati rice is demanding worldwide. India is the largest exporter and producer of Indian basmati rice.
Non-basmati rice is cultivated in the northern and southern regions of India. The rice is grown in the coastal plains and nourished with processed milling. With the different tastes and fragrances of one another, the range of rice has its unique quality. It is available in four forms:
· Raw Rice
· Steam Rice
· Golden Sella Rice
· White Sella Rice
BASMATI RICE -A Queen of Scents
The Basmati rice is called the Queen of Scents because of its alluring fragrance, which magnifies the taste of the recipes. Basmati rice is grown in the fields of Himalayan foothills. The river-like Yamuna and Ganga nourish the paddy grain. This long and slender rice has a fluffy texture and flavour. The distinct aroma and fragrance are enhanced with the ageing process.
Types of Basmati Rice:
The variety of rice is demanded over several countries, i.e. Egypt, Oman, USA, Lebanon, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Germany, Turkey, France, Algeria, Jordan, etc. SK Exports is the Basmati Rice Supplier from India who is satisfying their clients’ rising needs globally. There are many varieties are supplying by them as listed below:
· 1121 basmati rice: This is the most famed variety of rice fragrance. The rice is the world’s longest grain and has the best aroma among all rice varieties.
· Pusa basmati rice: The long and slender shape of rice appreciates worldwide. Basmati rice is having a soft texture and alluring taste.
· 1401 basmati rice: This is a non-sticky grain having a delicious taste and unique aroma.
· 1509 basmati rice: This rice has nutritional values. The natural properties and superior cooking qualities make it more demanding.
· Traditional Basmati rice: Authentic taste and the sweet-smelling fragrance is the feature of this rice. The variety is non-sticky, and grains are separate from one another after cooking.
· Sugandha basmati rice: Sugandha basmati rice is perfect for biryani and pulao. This rice has the magnificent character for nourishing the recipes with traditional touch.
NON BASMATI RICE
Non-basmati rice is grown in the Southern regions of the Indian subcontinent. These rice are cultivated in the state of Maharastra, Andhra Pradesh, and Kolkata. This rice is sticky on the surface. But, after cooking, it is soft and has a sweet smell.
Non Basmati Rice Varieties:
This variety of rice has the demand over the daily consumption.
· PR11 rice: PR11 rice is having vibrant colours and an alluring taste. The rice character is soft and sticky.
· PR14 rice: PR14 is medium-grain rice having distinct fragrances. This variety of rice is easy to cook and digestible.
· Sharbati Rice: The name recognition with the melting taste of rice, i.e., sharbati. The rice is sticky but has a distinct taste among all the varieties of non-basmati rice.
· IR64/36 rice(long grain parboiled rice)(5% broken,25% broken, 100% broken): IR64/36 rice is in demand over African countries, i.e., Libya, Ghana, Kenya, Gambia, Nigeria, Benin, etc. The rice is delivered at reasonable prices with superior quality.
Basmati vs Non Basmati rice
The basmati and non-basmati are different from each other. SK Exports is the basmati rice supplier that deals in a wide range of rice in premium quality.
Ø Grain size and shape
Rice is identified by its length and shape, i.e., long-grain, medium grain and short-grain. Basmati is long grain rice. It is lighter and fluffier after cooking, while non-basmati rice comes in every unique form and sizes-long, thin, short, thick, beads, and round.
Ø Fragrance and Flavour
The fragrance is another factor that is considered at the time of cooking. Some rice gives a pleasing scent that holds a positive element to the guest’s dining experience. Both are distinctive as far as fragrance and flavour. During cooking, basmati rice delivered a delicious smell and authentic flavour suits any occasion or event. non-basmati rice has a pretty sweet smell and appealing taste for regular eaters in their daily meals.
Ø Post Cooking Elongation
Basmati rice turns out to be double its length size after cooking.
Or in the raw state, it has an average length of 8.50mm. That is the reason this rice grain is utilized in different dishes is for occasional purposes. But, post-cooking measures can’t be seen in non-basmati varieties. Yet, this rice is being used where a smooth or sticky surface requires. An average length of 6.90mm in a pre-cooked stage.
The basmati rice exporters are using moisture-proof bags for the packaging of rice. Basmati rice is packed into plastic bags and jars, and the non-woven fabric is available in 500gm to 50kg. But non-basmati rice is packed into jute bags in extensive packaging, i.e., 10kg, 20kg, and more. There is also customized packaging available according to the client’s requirements.
Ø Dietary benefits
Basmati rice isn’t known for its wonderful smell and great taste, yet additionally has a few dietary benefits. In any case, it can’t be overlooked by the medical advantages of non-basmati rice as it is less in starch and digestible. So make a point to take rice to the proper extent and ensure that rice should be of the best quality. If you are looking for top basmati rice exporters, feel free to contact us.