Table of Contents
- Basmati Rice Recipes:-
- Here we provide you Top 5 Basmati Rice Recipes that are Excellent to try once:-
We are not a seasoning experts to guide a variety of dishes. Either way, we’re here to suggest and for that, we have outlined some easy and delicious Best Indian Basmati Rice Recipes that are worth a try and presently consumed by people worldwide.
Rice is a predominant cuisine all over the world and Basmati rice is the prominent choice of people that is appreciable over the world. A simple well-cooked bowl of Basmati rice can bother even talented cooks.
The aromatic, crumbly Indian basmati rice is an excellent side dish for Indian dishes, chicken or vegetables in a sauce. With the below-mentioned recipes, learn the easiest way to cook the Basmati rice grain.
(The basic key to success is wash Basmati rice thoroughly to attain starching. )
Prompt tip: One must not stir while cooking the rice, it makes them lumpy.
Basmati Rice Recipes:-
Basmati Rice is a grain that is present throughout the world, it is even very difficult to find, at least in Mexico a recipe that is not complemented with a portion of rice. Indian basmati rice exporters play an integral role in providing a delicious taste in basmati rice dishes.
In numerous cultures, Rice is considered as an auspicious symbol of life and fertility. It is considered the most important food crop of India which covers almost one-fourth of the total crop area, supplies food to half of the population of India and simultaneously exports across the world.
Did you know that there are more than 40,000 varieties of Indian Basmati rice recipes?
There are countless recipes to prepare Basmati rice: fried, Mexican, steamed, baked and more. A simple cooked Basmati rice can be assimilated in a variety of dishes.
Here we provide you Top 5 Basmati Rice Recipes that are Excellent to try once:-
1. Basmati Rice –
Although Indian Basmati rice is now eaten all around the world. Interestingly, basmati rice exporters export it from India to all countries and the long grain Basmati rice has a strong aroma and flavor. The taste of Basmati is enhanced with a base of spicy meat and chicken curry.
Ingredients – 1 cup of Basmati Rice, 2 cups of water, ½ tbsp of oil, ¼ tbsp of salt
Steps to follow :-
- Take one cup of Basmati Rice in a bowl and rinse the rice with fresh water with swirling of your fingers in the bowl.
- Rinse the rice until the water become transparent without any starch,
- Keep the Basmati rice to soak for about 15 minutes.
- Take a deep bottomed pan, or pressure cooker then add 2 cups of water.
- Add ½ tbsp of oil or can use butter/ghee. (Optional)
- Add ¼ tbsp of salt or as per the taste
- On a medium flame, let the water take a boil for one minute then add rice to it.
- Once the rice settles down, cover the pan/pressure cooker with a lid.
- Keep the flame medium and cook for about 8-10 minutes until the rice absorbs the water.
- Let the pan rest for 5 minutes before opening the lid, then gently stir the rice with a fork and serve the perfectly cooked Basmati Rice with curry or dal.
2. Afghani Kabuli Pulao
Kabuli pulao is one of the most popular dishes in Afghani culture and is prominently eaten on auspicious & special events, and Indian Basmati rice made it special in its taste and texture.
Ingredients – 2 cups Basmati Rice, 5 cardamom pods, 1 onion (peeled), 1 head garlic, 5 whole cloves, 2 teaspoons black pepper, 2 teaspoons cumin seed, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon white sugar, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, 3 ½ cups water, 1 tbsp of cooking oil, 1 onion, chopped, 1 cup carrots (chopped), 3 cloves garlic, ½ cup raisins, ½ cup slivered almonds.
Steps to follow :-
- Rinse the rice with running water and soak the Basmati rice in water for 10 minutes.
- Take 4 cardamom pods and transfer into the pressure cooker. Add sliced onion, garlic head, 4 cloves, 1 tbsp of black pepper, cumin seed, salt, sugar, cinnamon stick, paprika and coriander seeds then pour water into it.
- Seal the lid over the pressure cooker and turn the flame to medium high. Cook until the cooker whistles at once and then turn the flame to medium and wait until 2 more whistles are done.
- Take a pan, add oil then onion, stir until it becomes soft, add carrots and in the same process then add raisins, almonds and strained rice.
- Add remaining black pepper, 1 teaspoon cumin seed and cloves as well.
- Crush remaining cardamom seed into a powder and pour into a pressure cooker, mix to combine, and cover the lid. Increase the heat and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes, and release the pressure gradually.
- Transfer onto a serving plate immediately to have a beautiful aromatic taste.
3. Belgian rice pie (Rijsttaart)
Belgium took rice to the next level. Rijsttaart, presents as a dessert pudding, basically it is a creamy baked rice pudding in a soft pie crust. People usually enjoy this dish with a cup of coffee for breakfast.
Ingredients – ⅔ cup long Grain rice, 1 ⅓ cups flour (all purpose), ½ Fresh yeast, 2 ¾ cups milk, ¼ cup cream, 3 tbsp unsalted butter, ⅔ Sugar, ½ Vanilla bean pod, ½ cornstarch (instant pudding powder), 2 eggs (only yolks), 1 small egg, Salt (as desired)
Steps to follow :-
- ¼ cup warm milk, add flour about 1 ⅓ cup into it, ½ tbsp of fresh yeast, 3 tbsp of unsalted butter, 2 eggs, 1 pinch salt, ½ tbsp of sugar. Blender it all to make a dry paste.
- Add tepid milk to the dry mixture and blend it into a thick dough, add flour if required.
- Transfer the dough to a clean surface and knead it for 3-4 minutes and let it rest for about 30 minutes to activate the yeast.
- In the meantime, combine the rice with milk and vanilla bean, add a tiny pinch of salt and sugar to it in a saucepan.
- Place the pan over high flame heat until a gentle boil, then turn it to lower and simmer the rice for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, Heat the rest of the milk in a saucepan.
- In a separate pan, add 1 egg yolk and caster sugar, whisk it to achieve a creamy mixture.
- Stir the creamy mixture for another one minute. Place the saucepan over medium heat and gradually pour that hot milk while stirring. Then, add the cornstarch or vanilla pudding powder. Bring it to boil for 4-5 minutes to run paste consistency from thick paste then add this warm custard to the cooked rice and mix well.
- Roll out the dough on a surface and coat a tart tin with it. Add a scoop of rice in it and spread it evenly on the surface.
- Beat the remaining egg and brush the top with egg.
- Bake the rice pie in a preheated oven at 356 degree F for 35 minutes. After that remove it and cool it down for 10 more minutes.
- Finally cut it into pieces and serve as you like to have.
4. Delicious Red Rice –
It is a simple and well cooked basmati rice recipe that is specifically known for Beginners. Generally, it is made of simple ingredients but people may change it as per their wish by adding vegetables for garnishing or to enrich the flavor.
Ingredients – 2 cups of Indian Basmati Rice, 2 small finely chopped red onions, 2 de red pepper (chopped), 20gm butter, 2 tbsp of olive oil (or any cooking oil), salt (as desired).
Steps to follow:-
- Place a pan onto a high flame and boil the water at first. And in another saucepan, place the butter and oil and put it on medium flame, both activities altogether.
- Add sliced onion and red pepper until it gets softened, stir it.
- After 6-8 minutes, reduce the flame to medium, add the rice and mix it together, add water and seasoned salt as per desire then stir it and mix well.
- Once it starts to boil, cover the pan with a lid to get it cooked.
- After about 30-35 minutes, turn off the heat and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Once it is done, garnish the dish of Red Rice with onions, watercress, coriander or as you want.
Tip – If you want to add veggies or green chillies to taste more spicy, feel free to do it.
5. Sushi Rice (Japan)
The easiest, healthiest and perfect dish of the Japanese region. Sushi rice is being cooked with short grain rice, which is flavored with a mixture of ingredients.
Ingredients – 2 cups white rice (Indian Basmati Rice), 3 cups of water, ½ cup rice vinegar, 1 tbsp of vegetable oil, ¼ cup white sugar, 1 teaspoon salt or as per the desire/taste.
Steps to follow:-
- Rinse the rice in a bowl until the water gets clear or transparent. Place it in a saucepan along with freshwater and bring it to a boil on a high flame.
- Reduce the heat after a boil and cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for about 20 minutes.
- Let it cook until the rice absorbs all water and then place the rice to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the rice vinegar oil, then add sugar and salt to it. Cook over medium flame until the sugar dissolves well. Stir the rice into the pan and keep stirring until it gets dry and can absorb the water.
- Now, serve it on a plate and garnish it if you want to, otherwise you can also keep it simple to have a delicious taste.